Thanksgiving Recap

Thanksgiving is over.  In my dreams, I have a food blog, but the reality is that if I had one, I wouldn’t be able to keep up with my quilting blog.  Or quilting.  Or doing anything but hanging out in my kitchen, which is what I do more often than I should anyway.  So here’s the non-Instagram recap.

Thanksgiving Breakfast- crustless quiches

I’m not sure why we didn’t take a picture of dessert.  Mom made a pecan pie cheesecake.  Lord.  The angels sang the hallelujah chorus with every bite I took.  The beef tenderloin was dreamy, too. Oh, and my smoked Gouda mashed potatoes were on fire (seriously, with chipotles in adobo sauce!).  My cousin and his wife brought a salad with arugula, strawberries, Gorgonzola, and candied pecans.  I’m still thinking about it now.

As you can see, we aren’t real traditional. But hey, the Pilgrims were there.

9 Responses to Thanksgiving Recap

1. Cindy Stoughton says:

I have to know about that tenderloin… bought or home-stuffed? Happy belated Thanksgiving!

• It started with some crawfish boudain– and then Suz added cream cheese, mozzarella, and a whole bunch of herbs and spices! She tied it up the fat way (photographed) and then ended up rolling it the other way so that it would cook faster.

2. Skye says:

You wench! Now I am drooling! Waaaaah! Send a plate immediately. I’ll leave the light on.

3. Candy says:

show off! You and Suzanne have a cruel streak. I think that meal puts you in the 1%. Shouldnt we all share for the good of our social contract?

4. Tracy95 says:

You really should be in a magazine, like Southern Living or something. I think one day you should even have a show on Food Network. So very jealous of your mad skills, girl!

5. Toni Owens says:

I want your mom’s recipe for that cheesecake! Yum!

6. Lisa says:

I did see a pic of dessert…maybe on your mom’s FB or yours someplace..!