Life Decision

I can’t decide– is this me or not?

I was hoping I’d look more like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.
Audrey Hepburn,Roman Holiday
I’m contemplating a life of scootering, but I’m not sure if I can pull it off or not.  Do I look ridiculous?  I will tell you that I googled “Fat people on scooters” just to see how ridiculous I might look– you know, I don’t want people taking pics of me and posting them saying, “Hey, check out this fat ass.”  And then I found out there was a whole sub-culture of sneaky photographers capturing images of morbidly obese people on scooters, kind of like the “People of Wal-Mart series.”  So what did I do?  I went to the scooter/motorcylce store and made my Nacho Daddy capture the moment on film, to be studied later.  The verdict is still out.

Whatever the case, the fried pickles we ate at Mama’s Cafe afterward didn’t help the big ass issue, literally and figuratively.

10 Responses to Life Decision

1. Anna says:

I love it! Then i can get a pink one and we can go scootering together!! But I think you need a maroon one hehe.

Anna

2. Skye Daniels says:

Love it!!! I, personally have no desire to scoot, but I WILL meet you at Baskin Robbins! (Let them eat cake! No. I take that back. Let them watch us eat cake! Muwahaha!!!)

3. Candy says:

You need to have the little scarf around your neck. (and a helmet!) I think you look adorable.

4. Char says:

I love it! I will be 56 years old at the end of the month. I don’t care what other people think. I got a bicycle for Mother’s day. My sister said the only butt bigger than mine on a bike would be hers. We laughed til we cried! It took me a long time to get to this place. Go for it! Be happy!

5. DeDe says:

Sitting pretty when it’s standing still but what will you look like when you arrive at your destination with windblown hair and bugs in your teeth?

6. Oh, I knew we were kindred spirits! I want to be a scootering lady so bad! Of course on a pink one. I can strap a carseat to the back of it, right? And if we both wear cute little helmets… it would be so fun! (Except for right now… it’s been under 15 degrees for 10 days now and not looking to warm up!)

• I’m just not sure how you find the courage to leave your house in cold weather. I was down to about 35 here, and I thought I was going to die. I’m not sure how I could scooter in my kind of cold, much less your kind of weather:-)

We would look pretty, cute, though.

7. Blanca Nelson says:

You pulled it off, Hepburn would approve!

8. suzanne mceachern says:

Hmmmmmm…Let’s switch gears here for a minute. I really see you more as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys. You like the little blue box, exquisite diamond, tiffany setting, silver tray, brunette, like hats, sunglasses, copy of Emily Post, world traveler, etc. This role would be much safer. We all have precarious scooter incidents: Lisa in Bermuda, the couple by the pool in Cozumel(all banged up), Candy, Suzanne, etc. ( How about a ride on a red Harley…….its not as fashionable, just kidding of course). As you have recently pointed out, your father and I have tried to keep you safe all these years, so…………………………hills in San Antonio could be dangerous!……………………you crack me up and I love it, Mimi

9. Pingback: Jellyroll Issues | Nacho Mama's Quilt