Nita’s Mystery Quilt- Star

The quilt police need to give me a kick in the rear to help me get moving.  I’ve been creating, but I have hardly been finishing anything.    Finally, last night, I finished quilting this star quilt.  Does it look familiar?  Like the last one I quilted? Nita H. made this one in our last mystery class.  I had it on the frame for ten days.  sheeesh.

But this time, I nixed the stipple and replaced it with a swirl.  Yep, I like it much better, and I hope Nita will love it, too.

I do have a couple more of these babies to quilt, but I think I need a little breather from stars for a bit.

What I need to do is organize my house.  My laundry is taking over and electing officers.  My child has eaten cereal for dinner twice this week.  Thank goodness my grandmother does not read my blog, or I’d be in big trouble.

12 Responses to Nita’s Mystery Quilt- Star

1. So I want to see another pic of the back! Is it as pretty as the last one? (That is a rhetorical question. Of course it is.)

2. Laura says:

I love the star. And tell Ethan to just be himself and not hit anybody. 🙂 And I bet you wish I was there to clean everything! And here’s the surprise: I can do laundry now! 🙂

3. Candy says:

Laura – Tell your parents I want custody of you on weekends!

4. lisa lancaster says:

Beautiful Danielle- and we wont tell your grandma….she might wish she could eat cereal one night herself!!!!
    Candy- we can negotiate a deal if you would feed her too!!!

5. suzanne mceachern says:

I agree, I really like the swirls!

6. Candy says:

How long does it take you to do one of those?

7. Jessi says:

I totally need that pattern.

8. Jessi says:

ps…I am in for thursday night’s quilt guild.

9. Skye Daniels says:

Beautiful, once again!! So, laundry, casseroles,non-starry quilting, a nice glass of wine @ 9:30 tonight…It’s all good!! 😉

10. ivoryspring says:

Your quilting is amazing!!! Great work.

• Thanks so much. I’ve been waiting and waiting for all this practice to pay off, and I’m just so glad that I’m finally really pleased with my final product. Thanks for checking it out.

Oh, and sorry I’m so late in responding. We’ve been passing a stomach virus around the house. Now we’ve all had it, and we’re all better! yea!