Finally.

Eight months and 46 quilts later, finally I’m feeling less like beginner and more like intermediate quilter.  I still have so much to learn, but finally, what I see is something that I’d pay good money for… not just a little bit of money to get it done and say that I have a finished quilt, but actually, that I’d hire myself to quilt something that I had spent a lot of time on.

Patsy Thompson stencil

Sally Terry's Hooked on Feathers technique

Are there things I’d do differently on this quilt?  Definitely.  I hate that I spent a lot of time on this quilt and used a stipple around the stencil and on the gingham fabrics.  I mean, hey, if I was going to spend so much time on this, why not nix the stipple and put in a swirl?  I don’t know.  Since I’ve been quilting, I’ve been doing my best to avoid the stipple, but here it is, mixed in with my best work so far.  And that part of this does make me cringe.  I guess I used it because I didn’t want everything on this quilt to be new territory– I needed a little bit of security that at least some part of it would look good in case I botched the whole thing.

I’ll leave you with my favorite pic– the back:-)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Finally.

1. Vicki W says:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with your stipple at all. It is a great background for the feather because it knows to take a back seat. I think the whole quilt is a job well done!

2. Wow. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the pic of the back, it is truly amazing, truly.

3. Candy says:

I have no idea what you are talking about. You may as well be speaking Chinese but I do know pretty. You always put the prettiest colors and fabrics. You are very creative and have a lot of talent. Keep up the good work.

4. Wendy says:

Very Pretty Danielle!
    VERY pretty!
    =-)

5. Skye Daniels says:

Your featherwork is beautiful!!! *bowing in your general direction* 🙂

6. Hollie says:

Oh my gosh! Super gorgeous! I only wish I could quilt like that. I haven’t had the courage to get past straight line quilting. My walking foot is my friend. My poor free motion foot hasn’t made it out of the package!

7. Jessi says:

Just so you know that is amazing and as soon as I finish my star quilt I am going to pay you good money to quilt it for me!

Rick is very specific and probably will be a tough critic!

8. Congrats…it’s fabulous! I think every finished quilt includes things we love and parts we wish we would have done differently in retrospect.

9. traceyjay says:

Oh that is gorgeous quilting! wow.