Friday Finish-Mary Engelbreit

Woo Hoo!  A Friday finish.  I am so glad to put this quilt behind me– just in time for AmyLouWho’s Sew & Tell, too.  This quilt was from a mystery class using layer cakes.  I love the backing– just a fun plaid from who-knows-when.
Also, Erika gave me the privilege of quilting her first quilt. Go visit her blog– she has immaculate taste.  She has a real eye for color, so there’s always something inspiring to see. Here’s a taste of her quilt.

It just makes me want to eat sweet tarts.  Simply delicious.

Have a good weekend.  I hope you guys get some sewing done.  As for me, I’ll be spending the weekend with family in Houston.  Happy Mother’s Day, Girls.  Mom, wish you were here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Friday Finish-Mary Engelbreit

1. beth says:

Great quilt…I like the plaid back too!

2. Michelle says:

Gorgeous! Nothing better than scrappy and in such cheery colors too. Your quilted feathers are beautiful!

3. Sarah Craig says:

What a beautiful quilt! Great work!!

4. Catherine says:

Yum love both these quilts and isn't that quilting beautiful.

5. Sew It UP! says:

You can never go wrong with Mary E. I love her stuff! Great finish and your quilt is so pretty :o)

6. Mary says:

Fabulous quilts! I love the colors.

7. Dee says:

Both of these are beautiful! Wow!Love the colors, and the happiness in them.Happy Mother's Day!

8. KQuiltyBee says:

Oh, so YOU did the quilting–really beautiful on that turning 20.

9. Wendy says:

I really like your quilt Danielle! It's "old-fashioned looking". And i also like your quilting on Ericka's. It's beautiful.=-)

10. I love your scrappy quilt! Very vintage looking:)

11. Leslie says:

this is so fun and pretty…great finish

12. beth calderon says:

Love this quilt! Have some questions about the bold hot-pink fabrics and who they are by! Are you making quilts for people now??

• Are you talking about the fabrics in the header or in the post? As for quilting for people, I mostly long arm for people, but I will do commissioned quilts when I can fit them in.

• I replied in comment. Let me know if the system notified you that there was a reply in your email or if there was just this one.

Whick pinks? In my header? I’ll check selvage when I get home. And, yes, I do quilt for people– prefer longarming, but I’ll do commissioned quilts periodically.