Love at first sight

I fell in love.  I bought this fabric to make a quilt for my friend for her wedding gift.  Poor [insert friend's name now]!  When I finished the quilt, I knew I couldn’t part with it.  This is the first time I have done this, promise.

This quilt was made from a pattern, but I added the borders to help it along.  Actually, it was a kit that I bought at Quilt Haus  (plus borders, of course) because I just couldn’t live without these fabrics.  I had plenty of scraps left over and actually made this. And I still have more, so I think I’ll do this next.

I did something new when I quilted it, too.  I opted for just doodling. No real plan– just a lot of fun, oodly, doodly, stitching.

This quilt makes me so happy that I’m entering this it in the Blogger’s Quilt Festival- Fall 2010.  Make sure you check out the links to the other quilts because there are tons of beauties over there.  Thank you, Amy, for hosting this show!

Oh, want to see the quilt I gave [insert friend's name]?  Here ya go. (If it’s any consolation to the bride, this one is backed in nubby minkee).

About these ads

13 Responses to Love at first sight

1. Latane says:

Poor (what was her name????). Can’t blame you one bit. That quilt is so fabulous.

2. très réussi, superbe travail ,je comprend que vous ne pouviez vous en séparer il me plait tellement que je garde le lien ,j’ai déjà l’idée pour le faire youpi

3. Carla says:

I would of done the same thing! It’s lovely and those fling geese are perfect!

4. This totally reminds of of a pic I saw on flickr yesterday (http://www.flickr.com/photos/allard1/3460117376/in/faves-pinksuedeshoe/) Only yours is better. Way better.

5. Laura says:

I love it. I like how the geese are flying through the middle! Very nice! (sorry, bride who shall not be named!)

6. suzanne mceachern says:

Very pretty and definitely you-perfect movement of flying geese. Like my prof said about my 1st grad paper………does it have a name?

7. suzanne mceachern says:

oops, name is love at first sight!

8. QuiltSue says:

It’s a happy quilt, and I love the quilting you did.

9. Really cool pattern and the fabrics you chose made it a fun pattern!! Great work! You don’t seem too sorry to be keeping this from your friend! :-)

10. Karen says:

This is a great quilt! I can see why you wanted to keep it. The colours and design are lovely.

11. DeDe says:

Saw your quilt done a different colorway at the Quilt Haus booth at festival today. It looked boring compared to yours. Those fabrics just make that quilt look so boho chic!

12. suzanne mceachern says:

Is this the quilt that was inspired by the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith?